Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Welcome to the Janus Home Blog

Although, for the most part, I consider myself to be a pretty well "with it" denizen of the 21st century, and all that that implies, I have still, nonetheless, up until this very moment, managed to completely avoid the wide world of blogs. I've never followed someone else's blog, and certainly never had one of my own. In fact, when I first logged on to blogger, my complete lack of competence in navigating its "system" could either be viewed as charming or totally pathetic, depending on how charitable you're feeling. I'm not sure how I managed to avoid blogs for so long - but, the point is, this post marks my official, extremely belated entry into bloggingworld - for lack of a better term.
So, without further ado, this blog will be, as most blogs seem to be, devoted to the froth of my brain, what I think and know to be cool, what I think is worth your time to check out, and in general, my opinions of the world around me and how I fit into it (or, as the case may be, don't). By virtue of the fact that I own a vintage furniture store, many posts will likely be about...you guessed it...vintage furniture - from design to designers to materials to things that I just think are cool. Interspersed with that matter will probably be some shameless plugs of the pieces that I personally am trying to sell in my store (www.janushome.com). It's also quite likely that there will be some musings on music (as I am, and have been for many years, a rabid music fan, and in a former life, wrote record reviews for a non-living), the city I live in (Portland, OR), and food, just for good measure. I hope you will find my posts alternately amusing, educational, insightful, and enterntaining - maybe sometimes all four at the same time. My intention is to make the time to actually post something every few days. We'll see how that works! Until next time...
Jeremy@JanusHome

No comments: